Starting Point Services
Get to know the services that we provide for families and educators.
Starting Point is the go-to organization Northeast Ohio families, youth, professionals and community organizations turn to for the resources and services they need to give children the quality care, learning and activities that lead to success in school and in life.
What We Do
Starting Point serves families, early childhood and youth-serving professionals, and community organizations in Northeast Ohio’s Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, and Lake counties.
- We help families find the care that’s right for their child
- Engage youth and school-aged children in constructive out-of-school activities to expand learning
- Equip caregivers and teachers with comprehensive training and resources to start a quality childcare business or grow their existing business
- Partner with community organizations to enhance quality and address early childhood and out-of-school time issues and unique challenges
Why We Matter
Studies show children in quality early childhood settings gain in literacy, math and pre-reading; have more positive interactions with others and are better prepared for kindergarten. School-agers in safe, constructive out-of school time programs learn healthy lifestyles, positive values and develop abilities and skills. These programs also are crime deterrents.
Starting Point works to expand and enhance high quality early childhood and school-age programs and to provide the guidance, support, information and services families, youth, professionals and organizations need to assure quality early childhood and out-of-school experiences.
Starting Point is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization. Our main office is in Cleveland with county offices in Ashtabula, Chardon and Mentor.
- Learn more about our Leadership Team: http://www.starting-point.org/leadership
- Our Board of Directors represents a cross-section of the Northeast Ohio community. https://starting-point.org/about-us/our-board-of-directors/
- We partner with a host of public and private organizations to ensure that community resources join together to meet the needs of our families and programs.
- Starting Point’s funders make all of our work possible. They deserve our deepest appreciation.
Services for Families
Early Childhood Programs
Learn more about accessing quality early childhood programs including that will prepare children for success!
Out of School Time (OST) Programs
There are a variety of OST (before and after school or summer programs) Programs in Northeast Ohio that give youth education out of school that challenges them!
Special Needs Childcare
Explore information about special needs childcare and inclusion programs in Northeast Ohio dedicated to your child’s unique needs.
Child care scholarships are available for families that live in the City of Cleveland. If you are returning to work, looking for a job, or have had other problems getting child care, we can help!
Services for Educators
CLE ARPA Bonus
Bonus and retention funds that are available for eligible Child Care workers in Cleveland.
Training & Professional Development
Get immersed in childcare training classes, workshops, and educational options for administrators, teachers, and staff.
Grow yourself with services and connections that can help early care and education professionals advance their careers.
Starting Point offers assistance through consultation and periodic workshops if you are interested in opening a child care program or improving your current program.
Refer a Family
Starting Point matches families to services and programs that meet their needs effectively. Referring families allows us to increase our marketing reach and make referrals to your programs.