About Starting Point
Get to know our Mission, Vision and Values.
Starting Point is Northeast Ohio’s early education, child care, daycare, preschool and out-of school time resource and referral agency. Serving families, youth, professionals and the community.
Starting Point prepares children and youth for a lifetime of success by building the capacity of professionals to provide high-quality care and education, connecting families to those services, and advocating for systems change.
Our vision is that children and youth are prepared for success in education and beyond.
An organization’s core values shape culture and identity, provide clarity to the foundational mission and vision, and serve as a road-map for day-to-day decisions, actions, and behaviors. Through this process, the Task Force established Starting Point’s Core Values based on engagement with staff:
- Equitable. We embrace equity throughout our organization and its work. We actively seek to change systems and reduce implicit bias.
- Passionate. We are passionate and dedicated to our work, and the families, professionals, and organizations we serve.
- Collaborative. We prioritize working collaboratively within the organization and with partners. We are stronger together.
- Excellence. We take pride in the work we do and are experts in our field.
- Visionary. We are innovators in our field and our work transforms the lives of families and children.